Monday, March 25, 2013

Back to School!!

I hope everyone had a much needed and relaxing break.  I was able to enjoy a trip to Arizona to visit my parents with my wife.  It was much warmer there than it has been here.  I am ready for spring already. 

This week we are reading a story titled, "Goodbye 382 Shin Dang Dong".  It is about a girl in Korea that moves to America with her family.  It compares how things are alike and different Korea and America.  As we read this story we will be talking about sequence of a story, adverbs in our writing, and words that are spelled with the same vowel sound as BALL. 

There is homework in math tonight as we continued our work on fractions this afternoon. 

Also coming home today are yearbook ordering forms.  These forms are due back by Tuesday, April 2.  The yearbooks should be delivered in Mid-May. 

Some students did a great job of logging math and reading minutes over break.  Everyone needs to get back in the groove and routine of 15 minutes of reading each night and practicing math facts each night.  I have seen tremendous growth by the students who do this on a regular basis.  Keep up the good work!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment