Thursday, September 5, 2013

Sorry, Sorry, Sorry

I had the best intentions of writing on the blog each and every day to share things that have been happening at Sunset.  With short days last week and our meetings in the afternoons to our much busier full days this week it has been pushed aside.  I am sorry for that and promise to add to the blog more regularly once things are more settled down which should be soon.

Today in Math we took our first unit test.  The students will all have an opportunity to correct the problems they got wrong before I grade it for the final time.  Since this is my first year teaching fourth grade and am not yet completely familiar with the grading process I will be keeping the tests just in case I need them when report card time comes.  Parents will need ask their kids how they did tomorrow after I have them graded.  Kids will need to tell their parents how they did. 

We are in full swing with our regular reading curriculum after spending last week learning the routines that will be used during reading.  To go along with reading we will have our first official spelling test tomorrow.  There isn't always a lot of time to study spelling words at school so make sure they are being studied at home. 

Parents - If you have any questions or concerns about how things are going so far please contact me.

Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment