Monday, October 8, 2012

Back on Track

I have had a really busy couple of weeks and haven't been able to blog for a while. I apologize for this and plan to get back on track this week. In the last two weeks I finished my master's degree so am looking forward to having some extra time on my hands.

Our class has also been busy in the last couple weeks. The last time I blogged we were just beginning our second unit in math. This week I plan to finish the second unit. We went pretty fast as a couple of the lessons were pretty easy for the kids. A couple of the lessons were more difficult as they were new concepts for the kids. The kids have realized that the concepts are really pretty easy it just takes a little practice. Once they practice a little then they seem to understand it pretty well.  Tomorrow I will post some information about the new concepts. There are three concepts, one for addition and two for subtraction. They are called partial sums, counting up, and trade first.

In reading we have finished the first unit and taken the Unit 1 Benchmark test. Most students did a pretty good job on the benchmark test. We are moving right along in reading as we will be doing the second week of the second unit this week.

Don't forget about the early out on Thursday. The middle school will be having conferences Thursday, at Sunset conferences will take place at the beginning of November.

No comments:

Post a Comment