Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Zoo Visit

What a neat experience for all of the third graders today!  We had a visitor from the Blank Park Zoo in Des Moines that brought some friends with her.  Her friends were an alligator, ferret, owl, and snake.  Ask your kids about the animals.  They should be able to tell you what kind they were and a little about them.  I was impressed that everyone took the opportunity to pet each animal.  I never dreamed that living in Iowa I would have the chance to bring a live alligator into the classroom for kids to pet. 


Cydney also took the opportunity to spend some of her hard earned Brim Bucks and took over my desk for the day.  I have a feeling this will now be a popular choice to spend Brim Bucks on.  Ask your child how they can earn Brim Bucks and if they have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment